How to style indo western outfits?
What is Indo Western Style?
It’s a clothing fusion of the Western and South Asian styles. This adaption of each other’s fashion styling started in the 1960s or 1970s and continued as multiculturalism of fashion towards the 1990s.
Distinctive elements of Indo Western fashion are-
1) Sleeve length
2) Shirt length
Indo Western styling tips
1) Mix and match prints, for example, opt for an Indian print on a completely western piece of clothing.
2) Style any western outfit with some edgy Indian jewellery, oxidised silver accessories, an amazing looking dupatta or even Indian footwear. Footwear is understated yet an effective way of fusion.
3) Contrast is the key.
4) Opt for quirky cuts.
Our Indo Western recommendations
1) Long printed shrug with a tank top or halter neck top and denims paired with a choker and juttis.
2) Printed palazzo with a plain button down blouse paired with a single large bracelet or a couple of small bracelets and simple flats.
3) Tunics with combat boots or any boots paired with Jhumkas.
4) Printed wrap around blouse with solid sarees. Idea is to wear the wrap around blouse over the saree on one side as a crop top!
5) Flared tunic with ankle jeans or cropped pants and simple pair of flats.
6) Trousers with Indian prints (brocade, ikkat, kalankari) and plain shirts paired with silver jewellery.
7) Denim jacket with a solid saree and heels.
8) Front slit kurti with distressed denims and sneakers.
9) Bell sleeved kurti as a dress.
10) Printed waist coat with a khadi dress and layered silver jewellery.
Indo-Western styling for a wedding-
How to style indo western outfits for wedding? Wedding outfits are always restricted to sarees and anarkalis. Here’s giving you some off beat options of Indo Western Outfits inspired from fashion bloggers that’d pull up your fashion game and are yet traditional.
1) Sheer embellished cape with Palazzo pants
2) Wrap around kurta with Palazzo pants
3) Drapped saree with short achkan jacket
4) Ivory or metallic saree with a belt
5) Cold shoulder top with multi-ruffled skirt
6) Dhoti style saree
7) Dhoti pants with cape
8) Jacket with a gown
9) Jacket with lehenga
10) Heavy embellished gown
11) Tasseled blouse and pleated skirt
12) Lehenga choli with a denim jacket
After weddings, cocktail party outfits are again a question mark. Some cocktail party indo western styling are-
1) Sharara with a blazer. You can opt for printed or solids. Add a pair of heels and accessorize with bold earrings.
2) Wear a saree with denims, pants or palazzos. You can opt for a halter blouse or a high-neck blouse. You can add a belt to make a statement. Pair it up with stilettos.
3) Pair a plain shirt with a printed saree. Make sure to be on point with your colour combinations. Pair it with kolhapuri sandles and statement jewellery.
4) Shirt with a lehenga. This perfectly goes with the saying simple is more. Pair it with a statement neckpiece and heels.
Indo Western Formal outfits-
These are the most underrated outfits ever. When spoken about formal, we’re always inclined towards Western type of dressing. The following are things you can try for formal Indo Western clothing style –
1) Play with your denims – try styling denim shirts rather than quintessential formal shirts.
2) Add a little ethnic touch to formal shirts. Style formal shirts with ethnic skirts or palazzos.
3) Add a ruffled kurti to your formal pants for an ethnic addition.
These are our recommendations for your Indo Western styling! Try these off beat styles rather than typical styling.